100 Greatest Reggae Artists...

Discussion in 'Reggae Bashment' started by SiFu, Oct 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SiFu

SiFu Burning Down Babylon!

100 Greatest Reggae Artists

So who shouldnt be on there and who should??? Who should be higher and who should be lower???

I know in their time they was considered reggae but UBfucking40 is so fucking shit I cant stand them fuckheads they shouldnt be on the list AT ALL!!!!!! Let alone higher than Garnett Silk....

PEACE
    test
  2. L u c y

L u c y (Administrator) SWERVE

hahaha there are a few that would cause argument for sure, i just had a quick peep -I'll have another look at this tomorrow, there are a couple (not many) that I've not even heard of so it will be interesting to look them up.
    test
  3. knowitall

knowitall New Member

SiFu you're trippin ... I'll give you a chance to take it back tho ....

[youtube]0ZoI1QKI1KY[/youtube]

But it's only obvious that one classic doesn't put them above Garnett Silk
    test
  4. SiFu

thats the thing tho bruv....red red wine is for pussys who dont smoke weed lmao them whiteboys mashed it up proper with their silly songs....not a fan at all tbh I think they was bandwagoners...I think Sublime made better 'reggae' init lol

True that Lucy theres nuff I aint ever heard of and some that were pioneers for sure but does that fact alone make you one of the greatest??? well actually yea it does I guess lol if you was the first doing it your great even if someone later did it better, coz they was only building off what you started init....I dunno....I bet Gleem knows at least 2 chunes from every single one of these artists lol dude is a complete reggae encyclopedia lmao I need to get him to post more on this board

PEACE
    test
  5. knowitall

knowitall New Member

weed doesn't do it for me sometimes -

If something's really bothering me and I want to forget my mind for a minute, red red wine. The weed will only make me meditate on it.
    test
  6. knowitall

knowitall New Member

A girl leaves you, and weed will make you think of the million and one reasons she could have possibly left for.
    test
  7. L u c y

the list seems a little dated also slightly lacking on the dancehall front imo.
    got me like "where is Hugh Mundell at??? how come x is above y etc"
    I might make a feature of the list Sifu... maybe do a vid off the list a couple of times a week with a couple of words on the artist...

Yeah get Gleam's ass up in here!
    test
  8. SiFu

Yea you should do that would be dope to see some featured artists once a week or something....

No thoughts on UB40 tho??? lmao just check their music...the keys are rigid as fuck the drums have no real swing to them its like casio keyboard reggae for whiteboys lol I hate it...one 'classic' song dont make you on the list....the fact they made reggae appeal to normal white folks who to this day will say they like UB40 but have no idea who Garnett is annoys the shit out of me....its like saying I like rap but I only listen to Vanilla Ice lmao

Yellowman is a bit high on the list aswell...an originator for sure but he was never that good reall and was quickly surpassed in terms of lyrics....

PEACE
    test
  9. Tim Paine

Tim Paine New Member

Nicky B
    Destra
    Gyptian
    Tony Matterhon
    Sean Paul
    Peter Ram
    Tami Chynn
    Demarco
    Ziggy
    Faze
    2Face.
    test
  10. L u c y

I'm going to start this next week hopefully (the breakdown of the top 100)
    if it doesn't get any comments, maybe it really is time to say bye bye to the Reggae forum.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.