"100 Bullets is the best in KOTD"

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by MAKOTO., Feb 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GetPaid

GetPaid Well-Known Member

100 Bulletz has an annoying voice. Shit reminds me of Jaze Juce or Frankie Wapps. Just makes everything sound so unnatural and forced.

Good writer though. Top 10 in Canada by default.
    test
  2. Lil' Ze

Lil' Ze Active Member

This kind of blind dick riding is not a good look. Twist himself would ask you to stop. You're making him look bad.

You to twist are indigo warrior to arcane.

You realize how retarded that makes you?

The fact that you think it was a CLEAR win for Twist means you got a serious problem.

Twist gonna have to put a choking hazard sticker on his dick if he ever meats you.

Spelled wrong on purpose.

Bullets lost to cane. He lost to that British guy and he mighta lost to Charron. But he killed twist.

One of the Only good things he ever did tbh.
    test
  3. THE CRUNK GHOST

THE CRUNK GHOST 3PEATERS

Hollohan bender pesci daylyt passwurdz g-loc big mac qp skelly made wade arsonal t rex chris tipsy kyd tekneek illmac mookie wilson saurus tycoon tax nekkbone canibus pigsty
    test
  4. illipsis

illipsis Ill Collector

I'd agree that there's a definite contingent of Bulletz' detractors who dislike him due to his "white" mannerisms, but I think it's foolish to assume that racial stereotyping is the sole cause of the flak he receives online. As you mentioned, his propensity for associative wordplay based writing and reverse punchlines (especially when said punchlines are incoherent...even as someone who respects Bulletz' writing ability, I'm unwavering on this, he has yet to write one that makes legitimate sense in both directions) has alienated a segment of battle fans, especially with him relying upon them more frequently in recent battles. Any battler that relies on a specific writing technique runs the risk of it becoming repetitious, which appears to be a common grievance with 100. That has nothing to do with stylistic preference, it has to do with a lack of diversity...it's the same reason Chilla is generally criticized.

With that being said, I don't think our opinions are really even that dissonant aside from my firm belief that Twist beat Bulletz. If you really wanna go back and forth on that, let's start with the first round. Did Bulletz really say anything better IN THAT ROUND than "white man's history" (also cementing Twist's flip game as superior to a lot of elementary rebuttals Bulletz had in that battle), "100 Bullets are three pounds each" (best fat joke ever used on Bulletz) "bejazzle this bald pussy" (Very impressive observational freestyle seamlessly integrated), "Black and Mild", "If you're 100 bullets, I'm the one that really counts" (cold bar tbh). I'll wait.
    test
  5. illipsis

illipsis Ill Collector

Fuck me, the amount of residual pretension I've got from midterms is really disconcerting tbh
    test
  6. DragonAndLance

DragonAndLance Shoryuken!

"talks shit all thread, never says his opinion other then that 100 bullets is the best, then says hes a winner when he just repeats himself in the same way without actually saying how hes better then any other canadian other then osa, who for some reason he hates"

yep. thats d-lor alright. why are you even here man? you said battle rap was a hobby, and it had gotten shitty, and even that was awhile ago
    test
  7. PJ Sumroc

PJ Sumroc Ozone/Chi-town/Stump town

:cheesin:
    test
  8. D-Lor

D-Lor Well-Known Member

RM, who is this fellow?
    test
  9. mizzOe.

mizzOe. valiumaddict

Thought you were all intelligent and shit.

It appears his name on RM is DragonAndLance.

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit son.

:usureboutdat:
    test
  10. QuadDamageNZ

QuadDamageNZ 1O SB NZ

If you don't think Twist would edge, at his best, in KOTD... you're fuckign retarded.
    Charron is much more debatable but his flip-game if on point would obliterate Bulletz generally totally generic angles. :watwudthatdo: Lata boss.
    test
  11. NatGeografik

NatGeografik ********

Bro, they already battled.......
    test
  12. QuadDamageNZ

QuadDamageNZ 1O SB NZ

"if on point"

The fuck, you think if they battle once, that's its.. there's no possible way it could go the other way on another day? :tsuwtf:
    Apart from anything else, that battle was highly debatable LOL.
    test
  13. DRObain

DRObain Member

I used to not like Bulletz, and even though he's still not my favorite, I have to begrudgingly give him the respect he deserves.

He bodied Charron and Rich, beat Twist decisively (I'm a Twist fan, btw), and stood toe-to-toe with Arcane.

I don't think he could take Bender, Pat, or Hollohan. Pesci would probably beat him IF he didn't choke. Aside from Pat, none of those guys battle with any regularity, though. Caustic would beat Bulletz. Bulletz and J-Pro would be close. Bulletz would probably beat Chedda. I couldn't call Bulletz vs. Daylyt, other than it being a mind-fuck.

I wouldn't place him in my PERSONAL top 5, but he's definitely leveled up tier-wise. He doesn't have that raw, aggressive delivery that a lot of battle fans love, and sometimes he picks shitty angles, but he's a lot better than he gets credit for, tbh.
    test
  14. MAKOTO.

MAKOTO. HACK DETECTOR

just for the rec it was a quote. I dont think hes best in KOTD but definitely appreciating his shit lately.
    test
  15. RELELEN

RELELEN New Member

Im a pretty big Bulletz fan but putting him in top 5 KOTD? Nah man.

Top 5 KOTD in order:
    Pesci
    Bender
    Caustic
    Illmac/Osa/Thesaurus
    Pat
    test
  16. Somafide

Somafide Well-Known Member

you are a weird dude d-lor

anyway, personally i don't like 100 bulletz because he RELIES on associative word play. i don't even deny that it's clever, i just prefer heavy punches where you don't really see what's coming before it lands. wordplay is something i'd prefer a rapper just bust out from time to time, you need to utilize all your skills.

bulletz had schemes against bamalams where he was *just* naming bands, then just naming footballers and it simply WAS NOT hard to do. dudes like qp keep that shit interesting - when you're just LISTING stuff, it's BASIC.

100 bulletz is obviously top ten in canada, obviously better than dudes like rich and hfk and charron but *not* in the same league as pat, bender, hollohan or pesci.

i wouldn't mind seeing him v osa now...

EDIT: when people say best in KOTD do they mean best in canada or best of the rappers who perform in kotd most regularly these days?
    test
  17. grainsbone

grainsbone all eyez on me

kill yourself
    test
  18. NatGeografik

NatGeografik ********

Oh, if they had battle on another day, it just happened that on that day, Bulletz won. But had it been literally any other day, Twist and Charron would've won

Ohh...

:tsuwtf:
    test
  19. MAKOTO.

MAKOTO. HACK DETECTOR

gotta love that

"hes like that kid from toy story...

hes animated andy lost his buzz lightyear s ago
    test
  20. ChopChoiceBeats

ChopChoiceBeats a.k.a ESKIMO SPLIF

I can't believe how slept on 100 Bulletz is by the KOTD audience. URL staff and URL rappers seem to recognise how dope he is. Is this a race issue?

Edit: I was one of Pesci's biggest fan but I do feel he's massively overrated. I wouldn't put him Top 5 even. Loe's music though A+, I actually buy his albums over alot of established underground artists.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.