10 Reasons Smart Men Won’t Commit

Discussion in 'Ladies Lounge' started by mr.rip, Jun 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mr.rip

mr.rip New Member

lol sounds like pimping to me haha

Reason 1: Smart Men have figured out how to get sex without committing to marriage.

Reason 2: Smart men are now enjoying the benefits of having all the amenities a woman can bring to the table without having to sign their life away forever.

Reason 3: These savvy smart men have wised up to the “woman of today”. Those women that feel compelled to trade up from man to man by taking each one for his financial empire are running out of victims. These smart men are on to their game and usually refuse to ever get married.

Reason 4: Smart Men want to wait until they are older to have kids. Although men understand that women worry about their biological clocks, they say they don’t have to. And they don’t want to be pressured into tying the knot by women who want marriage in order to have kids.

Reason 5: Smart men savor their freedom to enjoy hobbies, late nights out and freedom from extra financial burdens. Smart Men fear that marriage will require too many changes and compromises.

Reason 6: Smart men said they don’t want to settle for second-best. They are waiting for the perfect soul mate and she hasn’t arrived yet. They define a soul mate, as a woman who accepts them just as they are and won’t try to change them. In some cases, the men even said they were living with a woman who was their version of a second-best partner. These smart men are continuing to hunt for that perfect soul mate.

Reason 7: Smart Men face few social pressures to marry. Today’s smart young men encounter few traditional pressures from religion, employers or society to get married. Some said they have been teased by their parents who want grandchildren, but most of the men said their parents are willing to help support them — and even allow them to move back home — until they are ready to get married.

Reason 8: Smart Men are reluctant to marry a woman who already has kids. Men said they feel badly if they establish a relationship with the kids of a woman and then break up with the mom. They also want to avoid competition and conflict with the kid’s biological dad. They also said it is easier to date a woman with kids if the dad is entirely out of the picture.

Reason 9: They want to own a home before they consider getting a wife. Smart men want to be financially “set” before they consider marriage.

Reason 10: Smart Men want to enjoy a single life as long as they can. Smart men are accustomed to their own space and routines. They enjoy the freedom of not having to be responsible to anyone else.
    test
  2. MyKe SeaN

MyKe SeaN Paula Deen is my hero.

Realist shit I've read today.
    test
  3. samii so sexii

samii so sexii ..sunkist siren..

outside of reason 6 and 9 the rest of the reasons are cop outs.

and again, im assuming this came from like, Spike TV. Since when does being afraid to grow up equate to being "smart"??
    test
  4. mr.rip

mr.rip New Member

lol i don't no but you make a good point lol
    test
  5. liquid`acid

liquid`acid gods busy can I help you?

reasons 3, 5 and 8 are not cop outs

3. having a built in defense against gold diggers is not a cop out, its a reaction thats been constructed in response to the actions of females

5. bein unwilling to sacrifice aspects out your life that you enjoy is not a 'cop out' it simply means that those things are more important because they obviously bring the man more joy and happyness.

if such is the case he shouldn't be marrying the girl in the first place and in the end it saves inevitable divorce costs.

8. im suprised our thinking about a kids welfare could be construed as a 'cop out' but i suspect its cuz you dont think were genuine about it. fair enough.

as for baby dad bein outta the picture it comes back to us having continued bad experiences with females who haven't facilitated an environment with their baby's dad that will allow us to somewhat comfortably enter the picture.

i dont mean to make it sound like that ones all your (the girls) fault, obviously its gunna be a strained situation at first. but theres a certain amount of prep work that should be done first that isn't bein done an even if it only not done 25% of the time, its obviously such a bad experience that that low of a ratio is still a huge deterrent
    test
  6. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

What does getting married have to do with "growing up?"

C'mon Samii, I thought you were smarter than that.
    test
  7. sugar~n~spice

sugar~n~spice and everything nice :)~

Commitment? It's simple...

I think people should just type up their own owners manual- read it, follow it, pay attention to the special care instructions and things will run smoothly. Ignore it and things may break and therefore we must go get a new one!
    test
  8. liquid`acid

^hahaha

awesome
    test
  9. samii so sexii

@ Acid you're elaborating on the points but it doesn't make them anymore valid to me

"There are other activities that bring the man joy that they don't want to compromise on" [im paraphrasing] are you serious? That sounds like some Peter Pan complex shit. I can guarantee you, no woman is going to have an issue with your hobbies UNLESS they do not coincide with your age. If you are 25 and you feel like playing video games is a proper way to spend your saturday mornings EVERY week, then hun, you might need to grow up. oh you dun wanna grow up? You wanna play the xbox for hours on end? Where is it getting you?? besides single and lonely?

Just like point #7: "well i dun really have to get married and my mommy and daddy said I can move back home until Im ready to be a real man and handle other responsibilities"

Like...you guys are defending this...im shocked.

And as far as the whole "gold digger" point you brought up, i mean really. Most dudes, especially the ones on this board [im assuming if you all were really just caked up you would have better things to do with your time than post up here] don't have to worry about that so it's not even valid/relevant. Like no one is trying to drain your account at Chase when the interest is only bearing less than two tenths of a percent. get real. [plz dun feel attacked...i wasn't talking about you specifically. men in general]

@ Iggs If you think it takes no ounce of maturity then dealing with marriage then I wish you and your wife luck. I wasn't talking about growing up in numbers kid. Do I have to spell out my every thought or are you gonna "grow up", read between the lines a little, and understand what i mean when i say "grow up"??
    test
  10. SeeSon

SeeSon New Member

Your original statement was incorrect plain and simple. You implied that men that did not commit or have a desire to commit were immature. Stating that it takes maturity when "dealing with marriage" is not at all the same.
    test
  11. samii so sexii

ok you win.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  12. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

Samii, what happened to you? Seeson had to show you the light again.

I think you let your emotions get in the way of reason and understanding sometimes... just an observation.
    test
  13. That Nigga

That Nigga aka Hot Shyt

nonsense
    test
  14. mr.rip

mr.rip New Member

come on baby king kong ain't got nothing on you lol
    test
  15. Wonka

Wonka OTBVA 2v2 Champ

This copy/pasta has been left in the refrigerator too long.
    test
  16. liquid`acid

as you said thats a hobby, hobbies do not bring joy and happiness they bring contentment. i kno the initial post said hobbies, but i dont think its entirely accurate.

i was talking about peoples true passion, in my case skiing. skiing is the most important thing in the world to me, it brings more to my life then any woman has.

an even when they can deal with bein 2nd they still try an fuck with me, "i dont want you riding Ymir bowl, i worry about you getting in an avalanche" or "you cant do backside anymore cuz i heard that lots of skiers die in tree wells."

men cannot deal with our shit bein fucked with like that.

as for gold diggers, you have no idea how little it takes to bring out a gold digger complex. ive been dealing with it since i was in grade 10 when i first discovered that i can acquire certain things. an its not always money or drugs either, they think if they can label you their bf then they gunna get all your cred an respect. like it gives them some kinda ticket into certain circles they could never get in without you, an will never get in even with you.
    test
  17. samii so sexii

oh you're very right. I think way more with my heart than with my brain, and I will say or do the "wrong thing" simply because my heart feels compelled to do otherwise. I love to self-indulge.

But as far as the back and forth on rm, im over it. I've been posting here for quite some time, and i just don't feel the need to repeat myself. It's not fun anymore. I made my first post. You guys rebutted. I clarified myself. I got more retorts. We obviously don't see eye to eye, and I'm not trying to persuade anyone.

Now, it's not like you guys did anything wrong. You all made good points, and I realize that this place is for the purpose of healthy debate. I just haven't been in the mood. dunno if I ever will be again.

rm has become increasingly redundant and boring to me. Same people making topics. Same people replying with the same views. blah.

maybe im just in a bad mood?
    test
  18. mr.rip

mr.rip New Member

naaaaaaaaaaah you just need some patron and birthday sex haha.
    test
  19. SeeSon

SeeSon New Member

Sorry if my response was mean or harsh. I have been studying for a standardized test that has a logic portion. So I basically use this forum to help me deconstruct arguments.
    test
  20. samii so sexii

Aw that was very sweet of you. No not at all. I've been posting here since I was in high school, and I always get in these little funks where I won't come to rm for months and months at a time just bc im over it.

idk. it's hard to explain...it feels different this time tho.

I also appreciate the gesture :smile:
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.