1 of your Sacred Secrets...

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by Hitman J, Aug 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ni6apinoflavord

ni6apinoflavord aka beatboss

Make something we can all hum along to.
    test
  2. HYPNOTIK

HYPNOTIK Fully Loaded

learn how to mix better
    test
  3. lambo

lambo www.the96mix.com

+1

Using bus compression on both bass and kick together gives it a nice "synchro-bounce".

my two cents.
    test
  4. HYPNOTIK

HYPNOTIK Fully Loaded

CUT frequencies

If the bass is like 4 + DB and the kick is 4 + DB u dont want it + nothing.. kick and bass should be cut at -1 or so DB depending on the kick.

Bass various too, sometimes bass need cut more then kicks so it sits right in the track.

Same goes for every instrument..

Eqing and cutting the doing all that other stuff to make it punchier..
    test
  5. HYPNOTIK

HYPNOTIK Fully Loaded

That's why you need monitoring headphones with noise cancelling.. shit that lets u hear 50 percent more of the instruments... where they should sit.. how far back.. how close to the center.. left.. right...

PANNING... panning certain instruments brings the track to life more... some melodies and grooves and rythmic sounds sound good on the right... some lead sounds sound good panned more to the left...

this also goes for hi hats and percussion... which brings me to last but not least...

Syncopation.

study it.. learn it... master it...

Have a blast
    test
  6. Gorilla Nasty

Gorilla Nasty I'm lame TBH

Another thing pan those drum roles. I've heard WAY too many drum rolls with 0 panning. Almost always they should be panned from one side to another. Unless it's only on one drum, like a snare roll or something.
    test
  7. HYPNOTIK

HYPNOTIK Fully Loaded

test
  8. ral4ever1985

ral4ever1985 CHETA

ADD fx when needed, make hat dry ass kick wet.......make that snare snap!!!! do what you gotta do.

As a producer you are the pilot not the passenger so take it where YOU wanna take it
    test
  9. Hitman J

Hitman J lets get get get it....

I know you gotta tweak that program to each situaton but whats some good presets to use
    test
  10. Hitman J

Whats some good presets to base your tweak off of on izotope ozone
    test
  11. HYPNOTIK

HYPNOTIK Fully Loaded

using presets will ruin ur shit...

stay away from that shit
    test
  12. Mr.BYTCH KILLA

Mr.BYTCH KILLA Hater Abolisher

lol....Got Dam.....But That's The Truth...

Using Presets Is Lame.....Make your Own Presets

Niggaz are way too lazy these Dayz....

That another Sacred Secret.....Stop Being So Dam Lazy...alwayz trying to find the eazy way out of shyt....

Short cutts will Kill ya....

BKster
    test
  13. Hitman J

shut up bitch
    test
  14. JaMarcus Cock Sucker

JaMarcus Cock Sucker BOSS

some of these tips are terrible

lol@ compressing bass with the kick

what a great way to make your signals inconsistent
    test
  15. Definit

Definit Based.

as i posted in a earlier post...you cant learn enough about eq freq's...cutting is vital if you want that room for a mix to sound together instead of fighting for room...you can pan all you want...but if you have your eq game f'd up then your mix will still sound like crap...you gotta cut out all the freq's that arent being used by that instrument to free up space and it helps other instruments breath a little, if you dont cut...those frequencies will be pushed into overdrive...and end up using too many of the needed resources for the eq frequency range...if your track is muddy...chances are your not cutting enough off the low end of your bass...and if you aint cutting the guitars and they aint clear, you again, arent cutting that low end off...which will create confusion in your mix between the low end...if your mix is harsh...chances are you got alot going on in the higher freq's and that needs to be lowered and cut down....to understand eq, you must really understand that each instrument should sit in it's own freq area in the mix...then once that is done, you can do some panning to creat Space in the mix instead of all being played by the drummer up on the stage...visualize with the panning...where would these instruments be played on a live stage...then pan to that area...this will create more space for the vocals to sit in the middle...and upfront...but you must understand eq cut's to get the best out of your music....
    test
  16. Definit

Definit Based.

yeah...thats terrible...you have to be able to distinguish the drummers hard kick from the bass players melody...

they are not the same instrument...they are not the same person playing that instrument...why would they be compressed and mixed the same way...

only way to get out of that is some serious eq cutting to create seperation from eachother...but i'd never ever....ever....ever, consider putting them in the same signal or chain...or path...or channel...or whatever, lol...if im mistaking that, sorry, but its what i interperated...
    test
  17. JaMarcus Cock Sucker

JaMarcus Cock Sucker BOSS

i would only EQ sound patches if they need some top or bottom taken out

i wouldnt really try to "shape" the sound...i think thats for live instruments mainly....these sound patches are usually already tweaked for optimal performance straight out the box

i personally like to blend the instruments....so i hardly EQ anything except the low end
    test
  18. PLT Productions

PLT Productions Baltics Most Wanted

fuck u talkin bout, even mastering engineers use presets. load fucking preset, sounds good, tweak it to sound even better.
    all depends on your mix though..

Yall heard bout sidechain? Another lil, ill fx that can do wonders.
    test
  19. Mr.BYTCH KILLA

Mr.BYTCH KILLA Hater Abolisher

After you tweak it to how you like it.....It becomes your own preset....then you save it...with the name that you want it to be called....one different adjustment makes it your own preset....as simple as that...

I'm saying that its not wise to choose a Preset and leave it at it default settings...

Ya Feel Me?....

Original Presets is what Im talking about...

But it aint shyt like making your Preset from start to finish....that real creativity...then at the same time you learning the LFO's,Filters,different wave forms and etc....

BKster
    test
  20. PLT Productions

PLT Productions Baltics Most Wanted

^ yeah, but it depends on what u want and what u r looking for, if u got only one string progression and some misc sounds for some advertising shit, u just load up a preset and it might sound dope without even touching knobs. As i said, all depends on the mix. Feel free to use some widening presets and reverberating presets. They won`t kill your mix.

But when shit goes to eq, limiting and compression...
    Why would u save your own presets? Each instrumental has it`s own characteristics and should be mixed individually. in this case, your OWN presets will kill your mix, when u load up your shit and have no idea wtf u adding and why u use limiter instead of compression.

Well, i think it`s your own thing. U make it sound how the fuck u want but like in math, music has it`s own rules when it comes to understanding sound theory.

Not a secret but a good tip.

When u do a song and u know u`ll get it pro mastered. Don`t fuck too much with fx on the final mix, don`t experiment, don`t try to get the best of the mix. U can fuck up a lot, and engineer will ask u to re-mix it, he can`t take away your fucking fx from the individual track. Don`t master it, it`s his own job, he`s paid for that. He`s paid for reading waveform and pretty often they limit or compress your shit if u haven`t done that.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.