"1 in 5 new relationships are now matched by online dating sites"

Discussion in 'The Alley' started by DannyC, Jun 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DannyC

DannyC Stay golden, pony boy.

do you believe this bullshit?
    test
  2. Your Idol

Your Idol ♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠

They don't specify stable relationships.
    test
  3. Murder Ink

Murder Ink Jigsaw

Man idk..a lot of people meet online now..haha it's crazy.
    test
  4. Leila Night

Leila Night efrain,you're my one&only

I sat behind these two men on a plane once (one was really big and the other was so tiny) and they were talking about d online dating. Specifically, how much more sense online dating made when compared to meeting a random person in a bar.

Anyway, not sure I agree with your numbers... can you give us a RS?
    test
  5. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

I can't understand why would anyone frisk the web to find a date or a potential love match.
    test
  6. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

The stat is used to advertise some match making site, but I'm sure the survey data is more relative to people using facebook to meet up with old partners/friends from previous jobs and schools.
    test
  7. jpizzle19

jpizzle19 I got NEXT

easier for ppl less work ... thats all the world is about anymore making things easier and more convenient .
    test
  8. Look im Gangsta

I can't understand why people think that's any different from trolling in a club.
    test
  9. jpizzle19

jpizzle19 I got NEXT

test
  10. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

Yes, I guess so - but is substituting real life dates with online ones even healthy? I mean you can go on a dating site, find a perfect match, meet that person on a real life date - and what if that person happens to be a complete psycho? (just asking)
    test
  11. Look im Gangsta

Pretty sure that happens in offline dating too. Probably more so.
    test
  12. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

Clubs are a nigmtmare to begin with. People I've met were often drunk as fuck and couldn't understand the word NO.
    test
  13. jpizzle19

jpizzle19 I got NEXT

then u make a commercial talking shit about that site .... I do see your point with all the effort in trying to find the perfect person online. You could just weed through the crappy ones in "real life" .
    test
  14. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

^^Agreed.
    test
  15. double ML

double ML plekz = wannabe thought police

lmao

dex is frantically trying to delete all his online dating profiles right now
    test
  16. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

I got a good chuckle out of this comic:

[​IMG]
    test
  17. Brit Boi Gee

Brit Boi Gee raison d'être

I guess the whole premise of these sites is dependent on what their theory is on compatibility. Should we be looking for people who are similar to us or different?

What areas must we agree on, which parts can we differ.

I'm not sure meeting someone who shares all my interests and individual values will necessarily create a good union.
    test
  18. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

^^there's no such thing as a 100% perfect match, but we all have some ideas of what we're looking for when it comes to dating. The fact is, opposites do attract to a certain extent.

Well, everyone knows this golden law of the internet: You never know who's on the other end. If a heterosexual guy thinks he's talking to a girl, and he finds that he shares many interest with her, and then he finds out its some dude, i'm sure that kills the point of online dating.

I have nothing against online daters. They can do what they want. But there's a world of difference between shared experience in common dating and "talking and getting to know each other" in the alternative.

I have never met an online dater in my life, so I'm not... the most informed about how things work. But I'm sure they can make it "real." I guess shy people will find it easier to talk about themselves online, so the dating thing works both ways.

But personally, I'd rather not do any online dating. I'd rather meet someone in person and spend time with them that way if I were looking for someone.
    test
  19. KingMenace

KingMenace YOU MAD.

RM members have a chance[​IMG]
    test
  20. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

some old fucker at my work just got an EHarmony account and says 2% of all marriages are matched up on Eharmony, sounds like nazi propaganda
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.